Sunday, December 8, 2013

Frozen Poopsicles

The morning trek started out reasonably well.  Pretty chilly out (9 degrees), but I layered up and wasn't feeling any pain taking the hot slop out to the gang.  However, the real fun started when I tried to dump a wheelbarrow full of frozen manure.  I was smart enough to take the pitchfork along (even though its plastic) so it was a process of dump, loosen, dump, loosen, etc.   Finally I just said, enough, and left the rest of the frozen mass.  Phooey!

Then trudged back to clean up.  Watching the antics is always amusing and keeps my mind off the cold. Usually the girls gang up on Luigi and try to push him out of the way to grab the mealtime hay, but this morning he was pushing his weight around keeping the girls out of their feed dishes.  I intervened and gave him a little smack on the rear-end telling him not to be a bully.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your donk stories. Poopsicles here too.. we are having your frozen tundra weather down here in MO as well. I am not as good of a donk mom when there are poopsicles. I wait for the big thaw, which will hopefully happen in the next few days. I tried to wrangle the pile yesterday but would have needed a sledge hammer to bust it all up. Arrrgh.. bring on Spring. p.s. my tactics w/ bully Ruby lately is a tap on the barn tin. That sound reminds her she has to share with Sister :) For now, it works... but it probably won't for much longer.. gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete