Sunday, January 19, 2014

Invaluable, Indispensable and I Can't Live Without Them

Yup, these are them.  Not very fancy looking, but I love them dearly.  My boot cleats.  Life-savers and then some.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, our driveway was a river of ice before a little more snow came our way. And I was not navigating that river well.  But I opened our drawer of hats, gloves and all things outdoors and voila, out came the cleats.
This picture makes me laugh -- they look like alien beings with antennas.
But I wanted to show you the simple construction.  Just velcro them around the toes and ankles of your boots and you're good to go.

I don't understand how they work so well.  When you look at the bottoms, you don't see little spikes that would pierce the ice to give you traction, but I guess I can remain ignorant of the physics of their design.  All I know is I can literally walk on pure, glaring ice with these cuties.

They get me to my donkeys and that's all that matters.  

2 comments:

  1. I am computer ignorant, but am going to try to comment so here goes....I have really enjoyed reading your blog going all the way back to 2009. I just got my first minis and your pictures and pastures look so much like mine..including the two big black dogs. My girl dog goes out every nite for the last feeding and "kisses" one of the donkeys good nite. I dont know what URL means so I cant set up a profile?? Just wanted you to know how much I like your pic and stories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, I wish I knew how to communicate with you! Would love to see your donks... and dogs.

      Delete