Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Little Compulsive

Stronger than normal winds have been blowing through southeast Michigan for the past week.  And when I hear the forecast I get a little compulsive.  Or maybe you could say realistically thorough.  Yea, that's it.

We've lived in this house for over 29 years. Semi-rural.  Ten acres.  Well water.  Let me repeat that last part.  Well water.  When you don't got no electricity, you don't got no water.  Only five years ago or so a portable generator made it's way to our home.  In spite of that, when I hear the windy forecast, I start filling up water receptacles.

Dog water dish, my two drinking glasses, donkey water, teakettle.  Got the picture?
 

I'm only too well aware of that sinking feeling when the lights go out and, oh yes, you have no drinking water.  In my defense, I ask you, what if the generator fails?  Best to be prepared!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! We now have a gas generator that will run the whole house, and wouldn't you know, after that investment, we haven't had a power outage since. That was about four years ago. Anyhow, we went a full week during an ice storm without power, and then suffered about four days in the humid heat of September after hurricane Fran. We have well water too. It can be scary!

    ReplyDelete