Sunday, October 29, 2017

Losing Dudley

Dear Readers,
I've not been able to come to the blog table for a bit.  We lost another beloved four-legged family member and I just haven't been able to bring the news to the blog.  What's forcing my hand now is other news that I'd like to impart but Dudley must come first.  He deserves it.

You can find a post about Dudley on March 15, 2016  Dudley's Moment to Shine explaining how we came about bringing the boy into our lives.  So I won't repeat the background.
But, I will say he was a smart bugger (I could tell him my son was coming home and he'd run to the front door in excitement), had a sense of humor and was beautiful.  Not cute, but beautiful.  Shiny and black.  And big.  And I loved every inch.




He was with us for 11 years.  Eleven precious years.  Duds, you'll be in my heart always.

9 comments:

  1. Aww, I am so sorry to learn this Janet.
    He was such a beautiful boy, and he knew he was loved.
    Farewell sweet Dudley, now over at Rainbow Bridge, young again...
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your faithful companion. I'm sure he will live on in your heart forever.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janet, I am so sorry. This makes me cry. It is just so hard to say goodbye to a family member like Dudley. He was a lucky boy to have lived with a loving caring family like your's. I'm going now to read his story. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just read "Dudley's Moment to Shine". I'm so glad you kept walking down that aisle and found Dudley. He was so beautiful. How in the world could someone have kept him for ten months and then turned him back in to the shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry to hear your sad news Janet. There are no words that can take the pain away, just hold on to your precious happy moments with Dudley and be thankful that it was you and your family that gave him a wonderful, safe happy life. It is like losing a member of your family so give yourself time and then in time you can treasure and re-live your memories. We lost our two dogs 8 years ago now (both rescue dogs) and I don't think we will ever get over them and I could still break my heart. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete