Monday, May 25, 2020

Sometimes Stuff Happens

What a sight greeted me earlier this week uponst approaching the donkey yard.  I think I probably just stood and stared for a few moments.


We had had two days of rain and some wind (nothing gale force), and clearly this little tree had seen better days.  But it had been in the donkey yard since the donks arrived so its removal still makes me pause.

Thank goodness (!) no donkeys, chickens, or structures got in the way when it toppled.



To change subjects -- today The Donkey Sanctuary hosted several videos from their farms in the U.K.  What fun!  I even took some notes.
If you'd like to take a peek -- Sanctuary From Your Sofa

And, I hope you're all watching "Saved by the Barn" on Animal Planet, Saturdays at 9:00 pm ET.
Highlights from activities at The Barn Sanctuary are featured each week.  I'm sure I've mentioned Barn Sanctuary previously; they're located about an hour south of me and I've had the opportunity to volunteer a couple of times.  Hard work, but the volunteers and staff are welcoming and make the tasks fun.
Tune in if you can!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, I bet that was a shock. Good thing the animals were all out of way. I worry about a tree falling here every time the wind blows.

    ReplyDelete