Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Sharona Shines

I cannot in all fairness say I have any new stories about the teeny tiny farm. 

We took a teeny tiny vacation last week on the west side of the state along Lake Michigan, not a teeny tiny lake in the least.

Over in the vicinity of Ludington.
Our time spent sitting on the beach listening to and watching the waves (and seagulls) was wonderful.  Plus lighthouses galore.  And good food.

However, this weekend I was finally able to capture a semi-decent photo of Sharona in her technicolor glory.

Yes, you may ooh and aah at this point in the story.

So, the peculiar thing with the little girls is they fly out of the coop in the mornings with the big girls, but during free- range time they tend to stay in the run.  A little chicken door is always open during this block of time for anyone who feels the need to find a nesting box so the three girls could leave at any time.  But they don't.


I know the next question on your mind is, did the three donks miss you.
Well, of course.  Or at least that's my story.


* * * * * * Vegan Delights * * * * * * 

This was a lovely recipe for incorporating  home grown cherry tomatoes and basil.  First time making it last evening.


Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes

Using a non dairy parm makes it vegan all the way. And I bet no one eating it will ever complain it's not "real" parm.
Next time I make it I'll cook the sauce a bit longer to help the garlic and basil flavors burst through.

3 comments:

  1. Now how could you post that yummy dish and not give us the recipe!
    The donks might not have missed me but I missed them.
    Those sweet faces make my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link is right under the photo. Let me know if it doesn't work for you, but it works on my end.

      Delete
  2. When I first saw the hands I thought you had your fortune told. Then I realized the hands represented MI!
    The feathers are just beautiful, they look iridescent. The girl is dressed to the nines...I wonder where that phrase originated from?
    Take Care,
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete