Monday, September 30, 2024

Meet the New Girls!

 It's time to meet the new girls!

The transition was easier than I anticipated and they now follow the daily routine well -- let me knock on wood as I say that.  Well, I should clarify -- the first few minutes of togetherness was quite the hubbub.  Chest bumping (literally), much squawking and bully pecking, even from miss scaredy cat, Pippi!

Sharone has been in heaven from day 1.  More girls!
And because he has more girls to canoodle with, we've got better damage control, so to speak. 

Little Stevie's feathers are starting to grow back from Sharone's "harassment".  We're now at a good ratio with 10 hens to the big boy roo.


I've got names, but there's one I may need a little help with and would like your suggestions.

Let's start with Ethel (Merman).  So named as she was quite vocal early on.


Next we have Riley Rose.


But this is where I need help.  She's a little road runner, so I attempted to find two "R" names.  I started with Rhoda but wasn't happy with that.  Any suggestions?

Fluffy(2) is a beauty.  And this pic does not do her justice.

Fluffy, Olive, Ethel

Sharone, Olivia (Newton John),  Olive, and Ruby Dee(2)

I swear I almost called Olivia and Olive Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, but didn't want to be disrespectful.  You've got to look at their backs carefully to tell them apart..  And the difference between Storm and Riley Rose is all in the tip of their tails as is with Ruby Dee and Henrietta.  Also I can tell Henrie because she's always in my face jumping for treats.

Let's get a better look at Ruby Dee.  Here she is with Ethel.



So, for this brief moment, all is right with the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment