Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sometimes Life Stinks

LANGUAGE ALERT:
Damn it, damn it, damn it.


We lost Emmy Lou 2 this week.


I don't even have a good photo of her, but in this image she's the middle brown girl.
She was a good little girl, although a little pushy when it came to bananas and would leap up at the bowl I was carrying.  If you recall, she was one of four hens I adopted from a farm being sold.  They did a good job of re-homing all 100 chickens with our four in the photo above.  That was in November so we've only had them seven months.

Rick found Em in a corner of the donkey pasture at the conclusion of their free range time on Tuesday.  No sign of a struggle which is odd.  I don't think that particular part of the pasture would have pointed to a hawk.  So, we'll never know what happened but I have to believe it was a predator.

 

Here's Emmy Lou peeking through the door.

Our numbers have now dropped to eight, with Ruby Dee's death in late April.

Damn it!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, so sorry Janet, sweet Emmy Lou 😖
    Predators are a problem whenever you have chickens, my daughter has lost all of her original flock to them.
    Hugs friend,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet so sorry to hear this sad news about Emmy Lou. It is always awful to lose them, I suppose even more so to a predator that takes their lives earlier than a natural death. There seems to be a thin line between giving our chickens the freedom they deserve and keeping them locked up. When we go out I always lock my girls away. They probably don't like it much, but it gives me peace of mind. You may have only had Emmy Lou for seven months but you must always remember what a fabulous home she has had in those months and her quality of life was absolutely second to none with all the love and care you give your animals. I know it doesn't make the loss any easier, but cherish your memories and remember what a great life you are giving them all. If there were more people in the world as compassionate and kind towards animals it would certainly be a much, much better place. Take care and again, I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will help ganga bhakti bhajan the moisturizer do its job. It may be best to apply the product within a few minutes of getting out the shower or the bath. bhakti song

    ReplyDelete