Monday, August 5, 2024

We've Moved To Blogger? and a brief Pippi update

 I'm keeping this short.

It's been two weeks since I posted and in that time, Blogpost (the hosting site I used) morphed into Blogger.  I tried repeated to access the blog and finally today I think I'm in.  I think.

I'll post just a smidge and your job is to tell me if it's public/available/accessible.

The big news is Pippi was integrated into the flock last Saturday evening when everyone was in bed and settled for the night.  I simply opened the yellow door separating the two coop areas.  There have been scuffles - the only non-bullies are Sharone (in fact one of his jobs is to break up squabbles) and Clara.  It's slow but progress is being made.  She doesn't skitter away every time one of the big girls looks at her (a slight exaggeration).  And in fact they have roosted together, although not every night.


Pips is the only one sitting, 2nd from left
In order l-r: Clara, Pippi, Storm, Sharone

I'm going to leave it at that for the moment, EXCEPT to say Miss Pippi has turned into a helamonster for Grubblies (Grubblies are oven-dried black soldier fly grubs),  Like mealworms, but not.  In the morning she is literally under my feet for every step and pecking at my shoes until she gets her treats.  She is a bit obsessed.

4 comments:

  1. So glad Pips has settled in with the flock. She really is a beauty. I'm not quite sure what you mean about moving to Blogger, but thank goodness you are still here!! Lots of love to you and the chooks and donks.

    ReplyDelete

  2. was happy to see a new post from you this morning. I am glad Pippi is okay and being accepted by the flock.
    Take Care,
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is Pips settling in Janet? I bet she's a fully fledged member of the flock now. xx

    ReplyDelete