Monday, June 17, 2019

The Carpenter At Work

Going to do a bit of bragging here.

My husband can build just about anything.  That pretty much sums it up.

He built our house, the sheds, donkey barn, chicken coop.  And the list goes on.

Most recently he added a hay manger in a nifty afternoon.  If you recall past photos of the donkey yard, a wading pool always made an appearance to throw hay and straw into.  The theory was to keep the donks from eating off the ground and consuming dirt, which can cause gut impaction.  Well, my little lovelies got in the habit of picking the hay out of the pool and throwing it on the ground.  Yup.  Thwarted again.

So while I was convalescing with my knee, Rick decided to build a manger to contain their forage.



It's working well, I'm pleased to say.

And more recently, he built a Little Free Library, upon my request.
I have had this project in mind for at least a couple of years, but for various reasons didn't act.  About three months ago I moved forward, received permission to place it in a nearby modular home community, and Rick whipped it up.  Just a week ago it was officially installed (although I am waiting for the Little Free Library plaque) and I am excited as heck.



Again I say, pretty nifty, huh?

This has been a community effort in that friends have been donating books, and as a Friend of our local Library, I've been allowed to capture leftover books at the conclusion of a book sale.  I am so appreciative of people's generosity.

It's so handy to have a handy builder around.  And that's a fact.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Janet you are very lucky to have such a clever willing husband. The hay manger and library (what a marvellous idea by the way) are excellent. I can't believe Rick built your house - what a talented guy. I would love to see a picture of your house (sorry just being nosy here), but it would be great to have a look. By the way, hope you are doing OK with the knee and resting as much as possible (enjoying the fruits of your husband's labour). Lots of love to the donks and chooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at your husband's talents. I have heard about these little lending libraries but have never seen one in person. I guess since we have such a large public library here with branches in every neighborhood that we don't need these little libraries. But I think they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply pat yourself dry, Ganga music so that you are not dripping wet, and then put the product on.Ganga bhakti

    ReplyDelete