Thursday, July 26, 2012

Double Take

I'm veering off from tales of the donkeys and pastures (pfffttt!!) to tell a small tale of Mr. Natural.
I had neglected the boy and needed to go to the horse barn to clean hooves, apply fly spray, feed treats and get a hug and kiss.  He's been a pistol this summer (again) and plays the runaway game, especially on those hot-hot-hot days.  I got there at just the right time -- before my dinner, but right after theirs.  Horses were just hanging around, chatting each other up before retiring out to the pasture.  Well, I approached Natural from the rear, without calling to him, and when I got up to within just a couple of feet, he turned and I swear, did a double take.  "Where the heck did you come from?"

The expression was priceless.


Out-takes from photo session ---

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these photos, Janet! And the vision of a 'double take' by Natural ♥ You are a VERY lucky girl to have your sweet little donkeys, *and* this beautiful boy Natural. Life is good :) Thanks for sharing! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, very pretty boy!!

    ReplyDelete