Monday, January 9, 2023

Chickens and Sprouted Lentils

 Let's turn immediately to the good news.

Etta James was sounding a bit wheezy a couple of weeks ago.  I started putting a few drops of Vetrx into the water every other day and (always knock on wood) she sounds so much better.


You know I like to avoid pharmaceuticals if possible.  Ingredients:  Canada Balsam, Camphor OilOriganum, Oil Rosemary, blended in a corn oil base
I'm happy.

Last week I mentioned the lamb born next door.  You know you want to see pictures.



surrounded by her aunties

Somewhere in my reading I decided it would be a splendid idea to sprout lentils for the chickens.  Nutritious, easy to prepare, and something new to try.

Everything went according to plan.  In four days I had a quart jar of sprouts.



To my tastebuds, they have a mild flavor.  To Rick's they are tasteless.  (of course he is wrong)

They have bombed with the hens.  Sometimes when trying a new delicacy the girls take their time warming up to it.  Well, after two days there appears to be no warming.  Think I'll put them in our salad tomorrow night!

Now for the bad news.  Marigold's feet look awful - again.  We treated her for bumblefoot and scaly leg mites in September and thought we had them licked.  Appears we were wrong.


* * * * * * Vegan Delights * * * * * *. 

I give you a recipe for vegan baked beans which we prepared for the Christmas Eve family gathering.  I think it was received well; Rick and I liked them.  The only modification I made was to eliminate the liquid smoke.  


No comments:

Post a Comment