Monday, August 3, 2026

From Knuckleheads To A Graceful Leap

 First an update on Mitzi.  She was integrated with the flock a little over a week ago and is now doing fine.  At first she seemed hesitant to leave the coop (perhaps her instinct says I'm vulnerable and should stay in here where it's safe) and still is not as active as the other girls during free range time.  But she's eating, not getting bullied during treat time and appears to be happy with her peeps.


And then there's these two knuckleheads.
I took a bag of chicken food out of a box which I threw to the donks to get them out of my way -- I was mixing two kinds of feed in the designated chicken garbage can.
And here we have it:


 

A few days ago as I approached the donkey gate, I startled a deer in the pasture.  Watch for the effortless leap over the fence.
What grace...



****** Vegan Delights ******


Somehow as I was noodling around on the computer recently I happened upon a vegan recipe website.  I know, of course, there are gobs out there, but ended up making one of the recipes.

The website is Nora Cooks and this is the salad I made.  Quite tasty.  One change, I added kalamata olives.. Lemon orzo pasta salad
Hearty, filling, pretty and just the thing for a summer dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment