Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Feeding Four Donkeys

Thank goodness social distancing is a breeze to feed the donks.  Pick up the monthly load in complete seclusion.


So the four pampered beasts can continue to munch in contentment.  Granted the hay bag is not their favorite feeding device.  It's too much work.  But they eat slower.  Always advisable.

[for some reason either my computer or the internet won't let me load a video of the group leisurely eating from the hay net.  It's disappointing -- when I stop doing my chores and just stand and watch the donks eat, it's peaceful and calming.  I wish I could send you all a piece of that tranquility]


Spice has been on a special diet for about a week now and needs to be segregated.  After this short period of time, I only need call her and she leaves the gang eating the hay (or straw) to come to the barn.  What a smart girl!
I think she likes being the special princess.


6 comments:

  1. Aww, she looks like she's been treated to a perm :)
    Our grass has never stopped growing over winter, that's how mild it has been this year. My daughter bought her winter hay, but has lots left, as the donkeys would rather forage in the pasture.
    Hope you are able to load the video and share with us, I could do with some tranquility right now !
    Stay well,
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spice sure is cute. I love her curly bangs. I've about given up on ever owning a donkey. Guess the two silly goats will have to do. I now have six rabbits to feed too. I'll always want a donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture of Spice. She obviously enjoys preferential treatment. Why does she need a special diet Janet? I love her curls! Hope you can upload the video at some stage. I love seeing your video clips and the idea of tranquility sounds bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise! Hadn't heard from you in a while and got worried. So glad you're OK. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks Janet. I am fine. I have been furloughed from work, so to be honest, it's a relief to be at home at the moment and to be able to care for elderly parents. Also enjoying much more garden time and out with the cats and the chickens - silver lining I suppose. All the chooks were out sunbathing yesterday afternoon and really enjoying this warm weather we are experiencing at the moment. BUT unfortunately, I Have a poorly Rose today. She is having trouble standing and didn't make it up to her bed last night. I'll just have to monitor her and try to make her as comfortable as I can. Looks like the epsom salts treatment is on the cards. I'm keeping everything crossed for her and worrying in copious amounts. Hope you and your family are keeping safe. Best wishes, Louise.

    ReplyDelete