Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Yes, I Have a Favorite

Sweet Pea is my favorite chicken.  There I've said it.
Yea, yea I know you're not supposed to have a favorite child.  But I do.

Long time readers will know she's the only hen left of the original four from 2015.  My first foray into the world of clucks.  And longevity makes the heart grow fonder.

from 2015
Sweet Pea is on the right
what a little girl



Taken yesterday:







A sweet girl

And a good helper



And here we have a failed selfie
We were both quite disappointed


Facts about Sweet Pea you really need to know --
She knows her name and will come from the furthest corner of the pasture when I call
She has a distinctive voice -- I know immediately it's her without looking
She loves to help clean up donkey manure -- really
She let's me pick her up, but only because I want to -- it's not her favorite thing to do
I love her.

1 comment:

  1. She's a beautiful girl Janet with a beautiful name. I suppose you can't help but have a favourite .... if you're really honest. My favourite is Violet, my eldest girl now (but please don't tell the others as I really do love them all). Violet always likes to be with me in the garden and comes to see what I am up to. Their little personalities are so different - something I think you could only realise if you actually keep chickens. They are different in so many ways and we get to love their characters. Just like Sweetpea my girls don't like to be picked up but I can get away with it with Violet. I've often wondered what it would be like to have more than one child (I only have one son) and would you have a favourite then? I suppose you would love them the same but perhaps in different ways for different reasons. Yes, I to love my girls.

    ReplyDelete