Monday, May 30, 2022

Chuckling at Chonkeys

It's not hard to fall in love with chickens.  Especially when they've been with you for some time.
Sometimes they make me chuckle, sometimes they test my patience.
Today we take a look at the chuckles.  At least my chuckles.  Let's hope you chortle along too.

Both the donkeys and hens have internal clocks that keep me hopping.  Gabby, with her vocals that carry to the back of the theatre, always reminds me of meals.  And the chickens seem to know when its free range time, and, when free range time is over.

Here they're impatiently waiting in the porch for their "we're free" time.




A couple of days ago I finally cleaned out the coop.  I don't quite remember how I got into this habit, but I put straw down on the new side and shavings down on the old side.  I no longer bother to spread either out as the girls get down to business pretty quickly to take care of that chore.

At first only Peggy Sue, Etta James and  Joannie Lu volunteered.


   But not too long later almost everyone got into the act.

And yes, they most certainly arranged it quite perfectly.


In a bid for equal attention, the donkeys adopt some pretty adorable poses.






    


2 comments:

  1. Just love your videos Janet. The girls are looking great. I don't know who ever said that chickens were stupid? They amaze me every day. They certainly know their routine, when it's time to come out into the garden, when it's time for treats etc. etc. They most definitely know exactly what they want. The donks are looking great to .. love the straw bonnet!!

    ReplyDelete