Thursday, March 13, 2014

Yes Mother Nature, You Are In Charge

On Tuesday the bare earth showed on the trails in the donkey yard.  And it was a glorious 50 degrees.  Spring was coming...  Moods were lifted and people smiled.

And then Mother Nature slammed the door on that hopeful weather and took us back to many inches of snow and bitter cold.  When I got home from work on Wednesday and stopped to feed the donks I could barely make my way through the huge drifts -- up to my knees in snow.  I do mean it was no mean feat to get to the gate and then to the shed.  Holy moly!!


This doesn't show those dandy huge drifts very well, but obviously there's no bare ground any longer.  Nope...   I barely got the gate open.


This morning I had to make new trails for the donks.  It was clear they hadn't stepped out of the shed during the whirling dervish on Wednesday.  Not even to get to the water.  Unacceptable!  The picture above was taken this afternoon.  The brown marks smearing the snow means they had tromped the trails.  As Martha Stewart would say, "that's a good thing".

It's a tough season this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment