Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Manure, manure, and more manure

All right, I'll admit it. I'm getting tired of cleaning up manure twice a day. Manure frozen to the ground, in feed buckets, buried under snow, tossed around the shed from one end to the other. And inevitably, Luigi or Fran will plant themselves directly in the way of my scooping endeavor. I'm telling you it is so much easier to move a 1,000 lb horse than a 350 lb donkey. Once they plant their feet... Case in point -- if I leave the hay door open for 30 seconds too long, Luigi will squeeze in to help himself to a snack. There's not room for both of us in the doorway, so I get in as close as I can and smack him on the butt with the backside of the pitchfork. *** this pitchfork is plastic and not terribly sharp *** He doesn't budge.

No comments:

Post a Comment